Factory Reset HTC Exodus 1A standard factory reset will however cause all data to be lost, great if you’re selling it on, not so great if you’re keeping it. If you follow the detailed instructions in our guide explaining how to factory reset HTC Exodus 1 then you won't lose any data or your password.
Reasons to factory reset your HTC Exodus 1
- The screen is broken rendering it unusable
- Your HTC Exodus 1 password has been lost
- You are unable to access settings
- You are selling the phone on
- Performance has dropped to such a low standard and you hope that a reset might improve your mobile phone’s performance
- Never perform a reset without backing up your phone first! It is not unknown for these procedures to, on a few occasions, go wrong. A backup will be a guarantee against data loss. Additionally if you are buying a new phone this will make it easier to transfer your data across
- If you are not good with technology this might seem a little bit daunting (hopefully with our guidance you’ll overcome your technophobia!)
The standard HTC Exodus 1 factory resetUsing this device reset will result in total loss of your data. It resets your HTC Exodus 1 to the same state as when you first purchased it. If this is the method you choose to use, your common HTC Exodus 1 issues might be resolved, but getting all your information back might prove to be a tedious task.
Step-by-step tutorial for factory resetting the HTC Exodus 1:
Step 1: Most procedures start by accessing the Settings menu. Locate and open this on your phone.
Step 2: Select the “General Management” top level menu and then choose the “Reset” option.
Step 3: “Factory Data Reset” is the bottom of the page option which must be selected next.
Step 4: You will need your PIN or Password for the next stage.
Step 5: The final step will be to choose “Delete all”.
HTC Exodus 1 factory reset in Recovery ModeA mobile phone that has “hung” is actually stuck in a state referred to as “boot-loop”. It hasn’t powered up correctly and can’t be powered down. Many users will take their phone back to the retailer at this stage, thinking it can’t be saved. However a handy feature called Recovery Mode might solve your issues.
Step 1: Push and hold down the Power button
Step 2: If you continue to simultaneously hold down the Volume Up and Power keys eventually the HTC Exodus 1 animated logo appears. This is what you want to see before you move on to the next stage.
Step 3: At this stage you will have the ability to choose a few options. These can all be selected through the use of the Volume Up/Down keys. Scroll through find and select the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option by clicking the power button.
Step 4: Press the Power button and choose YES when prompted. This will begin the data wipe.
Your phone will now be accessing its memory and refreshing it to a new state. The final thing you will need to do is a restart and begin the phone’s initial setup.
Factory Reset HTC Exodus 1 Without PasswordWe have two methods in which somebody who has lost their password can reset their HTC Exodus 1. The first method requires a software download and having access to a USB cable.
Follow our link below to download our Factory Reset App. Now connect your smartphone with a USB cable, at this stage you will need to follow the on-screen instructions.
If you’re ahead of the game you will have already done all of these steps. Remember to start the Factory Reset App first and only after that connect your device to the computer.
Firmware detection: Phone’s get ota (over-the-air) updates regularly so it is likely that your firmware might be out of date. Our software detects the latest firmware, trawls HTC Exodus 1’s database for possible updates and downloads them for you. Firmware is a fairly data heavy download and it might take up to 10 minutes for this to finish.
After your firmware is downloaded and updated a further 3 minutes will be required to finish the procedure. Select the “factory refresh button” to complete the process.
Factory Reset your HTC Exodus 1 onlineAs we alluded to before we are quite aware that everyone has varying degrees of technical expertise. That is why we created an Online Factory Reset App to factory reset HTC Exodus 1 without password. This online tool requires no technological prowess and does not require a download.
This method will work on ALL Android devices and will also require very little time and only needs the device Serial Number or IMEI to work. Using the Serial Number or IMEI our Factory Reset Tool will generate a code which will work solely on your device.Easy to follow instructions for The Online Factory Reset Tool
- Step 1: Follow this link for the tool. Enter your IMEI number and press “connect”. This adds your IMEI to our database and allows us to get the information we need from the HTC Exodus 1 servers.
- Step 2: Choose the make and model of your Android phone.
- Step 3: Now you will have the option to decide what data you wish to keep on your device. The code we generate will be influenced by this choice.
- Step 4: From the drop-down menu, choose "Generate secret code." Once it has been generated, the code will then be available for you to download. Detailed instructions on how to enter the secret code will also be provided. A faster phone, a happier you!