Hard Reset Sony Xperia 10 IV Without PasswordThere are some very good reasons why you might need to hard reset your Sony Xperia 10 IV. Sometimes the performance falls below the standard you’d expect and its response time is slow and sluggish. Perhaps you intend to sell the phone, in which case a hard reset is an absolute must as you have to ensure that all personal data is removed before it goes to its new owner.
In this tutorial, we'll show you some easy ways to hard reset Sony Xperia 10 IV. You won’t even need a password and you won’t lose any data. Why would I need to hard reset my phone?If you have lost access to your device's settings for any reason, a hard reset may be your only option. The problem could be caused by a broken screen or your complicated password might have been forgotten. Both reasons are something that happens to the best of us!
But did you know that a hard reset on your Sony Xperia 10 IV can be performed without entering the device's password? So whatever your need to hard reset your phone might be, it’s really not all that difficult.
The most important step to resetting your phone
Making a backup of your phone's data is critical, for whatever method you decide to use. This precautionary measure should always be taken if you intend to import the data onto a new phone. In the unlikely, but possible, event that something goes wrong during your mobile reset; this step should save a lot of anguish!
How to Perform a "Soft Reset" on Sony Xperia 10 IVA soft reset is the simplest method to reset your Sony Xperia 10 IV. The device is simply restarted and no changes are made to it. A soft reset may be required if the phone isn't working properly or appears "frozen" and won't respond to your touch. This is the mobile phone equivalent of clearing the cache on your PC’s web browser, and is possibly the swiftest way to start over.
- To begin, press and hold the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously for 5-10 seconds.
- Release the buttons once the rebooting process has begun.
How to do a Standard Factory ResetIf a soft reset still doesn’t solve your issues it’s time to up the ante ever so slightly. You might have the same slow down issues or even a phone that has stopped working entirely, if a soft reset hasn’t resolved this, then the next logical step would be a factory reset.
Beware though-all data stored on the phone will be lost if you do a factory reset. The mobile is literally put back to the same state that it was when it left the factory. Here’s how to perform a factory reset:
- Firstly, access your phone's settings.
- Choose "General Administration," then select the "Reset" option.
- From the list of options choose "Factory Data Reset.
- You will then have to enter the device's PIN or password.
- And the final step, “Delete everything”, no going back now!
Perform a factory reset in Recovery ModeSometimes your phone really doesn’t know what’s best for it and simply won’t let you perform a Factory Reset. A phone, like any gadget, can sometimes get itself all muddled up and confused, one of these instances is the perpetual boot loop-the phone is trying to start up, but something is preventing it. These “limbo” like states are when “recovery mode” becomes the best option to use.
The simple steps to resetting your Sony Xperia 10 IV in Recovery Mode
- Press the power button and choose the "Power Off" option.
- Press and hold both the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. The animated logo for your device appears on screen after a while. You can release the buttons then.
- Now you will use the volume up and down buttons to navigate through the menu. The option you are looking for is "Wipe Data/Factory Reset." Select this and then press the power button.
- Again use the Volume keys to go through the options available. Choose “YES” when prompted to confirm that you want to permanently erase all data from your device.
- The last step is to turn off your mobile phone
Using a hard reset apk to recover your Sony Xperia 10 IVOur apk can be accessed by clicking the link below. One of the main benefits of this apk is the fact that the phone can be reset without the use of its password. A USB connector will be needed to connect your Sony Xperia 10 IV to your computer. The on-screen instructions will take you through the rest of the steps.
Step-by-step guide to using the Sony Xperia 10 IV Hard Reset apk
- Connect your Sony Xperia 10 IV to your computer and run the newly downloaded Hard Reset apk. When you're finished, click the "Next" button.
- The device's firmware version will be automatically detected and checked if it needs to be updated. Once the firmware update has downloaded it can then be installed.
- Realistically the download may take up to ten minutes. Feel free to use your waiting time to ponder on how amazing your phone will be when its problems have been resolved. While you’re waiting our software is busy scanning the device's database for available updates and validating the firmware version.
- The final step will take approximately 3 minutes. When prompted select "Hard Reset" when prompted.
If you want to avoid all the fuss and hassle of downloads and installations and think that your technical skills might not be up to the task, then our hard reset tool is just what you need! The hard reset tool uses your phone’s IMEI or serial number and only takes a few minutes.
Follow the steps below to perform a hard reset on your Sony Xperia 10 IV (the steps will also work on other Android devices).
- As you’d expect the first step is to access the hard reset tool page.
- Now enter your IMEI number into the app and then press the "Connect" button. Entering your Sony Xperia 10 IV's IMEI allows our database to collect the information it needs and is a crucial first step in preparing it for the Hard Reset process.
- Choose your device make.
- You can decide whether to keep your data on the phone or not. After you have chosen, our tool generates a code that will be required to reset your device.
- Selecting "Generate secret code" begins this process. At the time of writing our program is being optimised with the latest updates and will be available for download in the near future. You will also have access to easy to follow step-by-step instructions on how to use your phone specific code.
With our mobile phones such a constant part of our daily routines it is extremely annoying when their performance starts to decline. Of the many solutions we have offered above you can be sure to find one that will resolve your Sony Xperia 10 IV phone's performance issues in just the way you want.
We welcome all feedback and would love to hear from you about which hard reset method you have used or which you recommend. Enjoy your newly optimised Sony Xperia 10 IV!